Saturday, November 24, 2012

No NaNoWriMo

Only one more week to go in November, so I guess I won't be participating in NaNoWriMo this year.

What is NaNoWriMo?  It stands for National Novel Writing Month.  It's a challenge that takes place each November.  The goal is to write 50,000 words by the end of the month.

I did it last year, and I made the 50,000 words.  Then I started the editing process, and -- sadly -- I have not gotten very far yet.

I'm getting to a point where I want to pull the draft out again, though, so I guess I'm glad that I didn't start writing a different novel this year.

My "clean-out-and-organize-the-back-room-upstairs" project should be complete by the end of this coming week.  Then I will have a nice uncluttered environment in which to edit.

Wish me luck!

(Postscript:  Yes, I know that there are six more days to go in November.  But I would have to average 8,334 words a day in order to make it to 50,000.  No can do!)

(Post-postscript:  Happy Birthday to my sister Debbie!)

No comments: