Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Dad 125: In Maine With Snowflakes

(The weather outside is frightful!  .... Not really.  Enjoy Dad's post!  -- Tracy)

Derf Here!  Another cloudy, late fall day in the Northeast.  Wind from the North (according to my weather vane).  It has been rather cold lately and from what the experts say, we are in for a very cold Friday.  Lucky to get up to freezing!!  Brrrr!!!

One week ago I thought I'd be travelling to the Midwest today.  As late as two nights ago I was still planning on hitting the road.  My plans changed overnight and the planned trip is no longer.  I guess the thought of twenty hours in the automobile caused me to lack the incentive necessary to complete the trip at this time.  Perhaps old age??

Sure hope the Eureka College dinner/concert goes well this weekend.  I'm sorry I'll not be there to witness the event.  Wish the Henry family the best for the performances.  Will be thinking of you and will be with you in spirit.  Have to put off meeting Brendon and Sam until a later date.

Happy for our Indianapolis family as the Colts bounced back from their defeat by the Patriots.  Wish Andrew Luck and his team well the rest of the way.  Really happy to see the Patriots whip on Rex Ryan and his Jets on Thanksgiving evening.  Three touchdowns in 52 seconds.  Sorry to see Tim Tebow suffer through this year with this group.  Hope he gets to play for another team in the future.  Probably not at quarterback, but he'll find a suitable position, I hope!

Just looked out the window and noticed snowflakes falling.  At the rate I see them coming down, they will not cause any serious problems.  Just makes me think of what is about to happen in the next few weeks.  I'm ready for Spring already and Winter has not even arrived!!  The plow is ready!  The tank is full of fuel!  Bring it on!!

There goes another flake.  Don't think I'll have to plow today.

The flakes have stopped!  And so have I!

Talk to you next month!

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

P.S.  The flakes are back!  But I'm not!

No comments: