Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Dad 120: These Aren't The Good Old Days

(I allowed Dad to comment on the forbidden subject.  I think it's time to lift the ban anyway.  And I usually don't mention politics very much in my own posts, but Dad makes up for that today.  Enjoy!  -- Tracy)

Derf Here!  Enjoying another great sunny day in the Northeast.  The weather experts have predicted the next few days will be similar.  I'll take it!  Because I know what's in the future.

Well, football season is over for Josh and Zack.  Josh's team finished the fall schedule with a win over Gorham.

Our local (Scarborough) high school varsity squads are all in the state playoffs.  Cross country, boys' and girls' soccer, football, and field hockey have a shot at winning some playoff games.  The field hockey team will be playing Saturday for the state championship.  They completed the Western Maine championships undefeated.  Not only undefeated, but the team has not allowed a goal throughout the fall season.  Quite remarkable!

All in the Northeast are quite happy about the new Red Sox manager.  The pitching coach from 2006-2010 returns as manager.  Welcome back, John Farrell.  (I hope Tracy allows this paragraph to be printed.  Please!)

I'm up to 38 minutes on the elliptical.  Hoping to get to 46 within the next couple of weeks.  I skipped today as I had my daily schedule changed due to a trip to Toys-R-Us.  I'll use any excuse I can to skip exercise.  It worked out well for me.  Back at it tomorrow, though.  No excuses!

Right now I'm anxiously awaiting to complete this election cycle.  Really fed up with local ads promoting same-sex marriage.  I use the remote frequently to change channels or mute the comments being made.  Some of them make no sense to me.  TALK IS CHEAP!  Those doing the talking should SHUT UP!  Two more weeks.  On my phone, out of 30 calls received, I answered only about five of the calls.  I love caller ID.  A real life saver this time of year.  Thanks for CALLER ID!!

I have already voted.  Voted against same-sex marriage.  I will be on the losing side of this.  Maine seems to be one of the most liberal states in the country.  It wasn't like this when I was growing up.  Oh, for the good old days.  If my parents were to return, I'm sure they would not recognize the new morality of my home state.  I can't believe we've lost our way, but we have.  Sad!  Sad!  Sad!  The whole country is on the decline.  I'm hoping for a reversal of this direction in two weeks.  Please pray for this change!!

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: