Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Dad 116: Fall Ball

(I am hereby prohibiting any future references to the Boston Red Sox on this blog... for the remainder of this season anyway. So get your fill from Dad's post today. Enjoy! -- Tracy)

Derf here! From a fall day in the Northeast. Kind of cloudy. Few showers this morning. Overall the weather to date has been quite favorable.

"Favorable" is not a word I can use for our own Boston Red Sox. The year has been a disaster, and only one home game remains. (The "All Fenway Park" team will be announced before the game. Last night there were several members of the World Series championship team of 2004.) They do have a lot of "fixin" to do before even thinking about playoff baseball. I'll continue to watch the rest of their games and hope they can destroy the New York Yankees in the year's final games. I can hope, can't I?

Josh's football team didn't fare well last Friday as he was injured in the first half. Somehow he strained a back muscle causing him to miss the second half. Zack's team won 8-6 as a defensive player intercepted a pass for a touchdown. Extra point was good. Difference in game was that Zack's team was able to stop opponent's try for their extra point. A fun game to watch. Only Josh plays this week. I'll keep you posted.

I'm back on the elliptical machine. Not up to my 45 minutes yet. Don't know if I'll ever get to that number again. Working on it as I am about up to 20-25 minutes. It is not easy growing old! But, I will continue to do so. Do I have a choice? I think not.

Word is out that possibly the regular NFL officials will return for week four of the football season. I think the final straw was the end of the Seattle vs. Green Bay game when a missed pass interference call allowed the perpetrator to somehow score a touchdown. It seems that a valid interception was ruled a catch for the offensive team. One will never see a more confused call in professional athletics. You can quote me on that.

Just received a call from Mike Huckabee asking for donations to Akin for Senate. He made the horrible comments about rape. I can accept his apology but I think he should have dropped out of the race and allowed someone else to run for the Senate seat. Sorry, Mike! Disappointed in you backing this man.

Will November ever get here? Getting tired of listening to political ads. Should not allow campaigning. Just look at the candidates' records of failures and accomplishments. Think of the money saved.

Sorry to hear Andy Williams passed on. Was a good role model and had a marvelous career. Dead at 84. R.I.P.

Must go do my elliptical exercises. Soooo....

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: