Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Search for Fifi Mouse

Jerry has a bunch of cat toys that he carries all over the house, but there is one toy that usually stays right in our bedroom:  Fifi Mouse.

We had not seen Fifi for a couple days, so last night I went on a flashlight search for Fifi throughout the entire house.  Jerry was at my side during the search.  Lew -- in disbelief that I would take the time to do this -- decided to read instead of assist us.

The first find of the night was two plastic balls (with bells inside) in back of the refrigerator.  Jerry supervised as I used the yardstick to retrieve them.

The next item recovered was behind the couch -- a yellow mouse.  (This mouse is one of the five that I wrote about in my June 3rd post, Five Small Mice.)  The yellow mouse is missing his tail, and he is quite dirty.  This means, of course, that he is Jerry's favorite.

Having failed in the search for Fifi, I returned to our bedroom.  Lew was reading, still shaking his head at me.  In a flash of inspiration, I lifted up the comforter at the foot of his side of the bed and then proudly announced, "I present to you.... Fifi Mouse!"

(I probably should have looked under the comforter in the first place, but where is the fun in that?!)

Jerry and Fifi Mouse, reunited at last!

No comments: