Friday, September 14, 2012

Introducing Kurt

While out running errands this afternoon (after a yummy lunch with Carole), I called Lew with a request.  I saw something that I wanted, but I knew that I needed to check with him first.

He was pretty skeptical at first and tried to talk me out of it.

Still, I persisted.

We ended our phone call with his request to text him a picture.

Here is the picture that I then took and sent:


Lew's response:  "Go ahead."

And I proceeded to adopt Kurt from the Animal Refuge League.  :)

There is a backstory to this:

Lew and I went to Pet Quarters a few weeks ago to get some supplies for Jerry.  On our way out, we stopped to look at the cats that were available for adoption.  (The Animal Refuge League has about three at Pet Quarters at a time.)  Kurt was there, and I fell in love with him.  But I knew that we couldn't get another cat.  I thought about him about a week ago or so -- wishing that I had brought him home.  Oh, well.

Today I stopped at Pet Quarters to get some food for Jerry, and I went to look at the cats.  And Kurt was still there!  He is such a friendly cat that the Pet Quarter employees were surprised that he hadn't been adopted yet.  I said it was because he was supposed to be with me all along!

Kurt is being confined to one room for now, as he needs to get used to us.  And he is quite wary of Jerry, who very much wants to be his friend!  Give him time, Jerry, give him time....

No comments: