Saturday, September 22, 2012

Who Would'a Thunk It?

I was a senior in high school before I owned my first handheld calculator.  (Oh, and wasn't it the rage!)

Fast forward 30+ years and grade school kids are walking around with cell phones.

I joke about how teenagers might as well have their phones surgically attached to their hands.  But I have to admit:  I am not much better.

Lew took a motorcycle ride out to see his mother today.  When I was walking through our bedroom, I saw his cell phone on my bureau.  Oh, no!  He had forgotten it!  I immediately called to let Verlie know so that she could tell him the minute he arrived at her house.  I soon got a call from Lew (using his mom's phone)... during his ride, he remembered that he had left his phone on my bureau.

So we were making phone calls just to talk about his forgotten phone.  And we managed to get through the afternoon somehow!

No comments: