Sunday, June 10, 2012

A Photo Finish...

. . . and I'm not talking about the Belmont Stakes (which I did watch, by the way).

It was a lovely day today, so Lew and I took an early evening walk down to the Eastern Trail.

On our way home, we played The Motorcycle Game.

It was Lew's turn to guess, and he said, "Six."

Ooh... that was a tough one for me.  My first instinct was to say "over" but I said "under" at the last second.

We were over halfway home before we saw the first motorcycle.  Then maybe three-quarters of the way home when we saw the second.  Only a few hundred yards to go... and we saw a group of three motorcycles!  My easy win was now in jeopardy, as one more bike would win it for Lew.

I was walking a little faster than normal.  Lew a little slower.

And when we got to our mailbox (which is the "finish line") the count still stood at five.

I win by a nose!

No comments: