Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Dad 100: Vehicles, Shmehicles

(I can't believe it!  This is my father's 100th post on my blog!  Enjoy!  -- Tracy)

Derf Here!  From the very damp, soggy, northeast corner of these United States.  It seems as though the rain has stopped and the flooded areas are receding.  Therefore, I am no longer working on the "ark."  I can go back to completing the small vegetable garden on the front lawn.  Better hurry up and get the plants in or there will never be a harvest.  Must complete within the week!!  Oh, yes!

The past week has seen Josh's baseball team win three games.  The weather has not been the best for baseball, hence a make-up game is scheduled for today.  Josh's last school game prior to becoming a high schooler.  Certainly do grow up quickly.  Zack's weekend lacrosse tournament was cancelled.  Don't know if he will play any more games this spring.  Hope so!

Saturday morning my truck would not start.  Engine turned over, but no firing.  It ran all right the night before as I parked it in the driveway.  Vehicles!!  Triple A couldn't help as they only jump start and tow.  Decided to wait until Monday to have my mechanic tow to his shop.  He is a Triple A tower.  I'll request him to do the tow.

Sunday was no better.  Still wouldn't fire up.  Must use Kaelen's car to attend church.  Still wet and lousy!

Monday arrived and truck started as soon as it turned over.  Tested out on computer and all "reads" were good.  I'll keep running it until it stops for good.  Hopefully, it won't be on the road, but in my yard.  Then, at least, might be able to see what is wrong.  I had hoped the truck would not start Monday.  So far -- so good!  Maybe it is a self-repairing vehicle.  For sure!

Kaelen's car (actually our Fusion) is now licensed and a new inspection sticker is on the windshield.  Also have the summer beach pass used to park in the town parking lot.  New registration is completed.  Must now pay the insurance within the week.

I'm now just realizing how much of my time is used to keep the vehicles on the road.  Worth it?  I guess so!

Highlight of the week is the Celtics winning three games in a row.  Now, if they can win next game at home, they could be in the finals.  I'm hoping!  But it is only a game!  Go Celtics!!

Bulletin!  The sun is shining! The sun is shining!  What a pleasant sight.  Must take advantage of the sunlight, sooo....

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: