Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Dad 101: A Plethora of Updates

(Dad's hand-written post took up more than three lined pages, so Mom asked me if I was going to "dictate" it in.  I had forgotten all about trying that!  So I read it into my iPhone, sent the subsequent draft to my blog, and edited it on my laptop.  Very, very cool.  Enjoy Dad's post!  -- Tracy)

Derf here! Surviving another damp, soggy day in the Northeast. We have had some fairly good weather this past week. No game cancellations for the last week. Have seen three baseball and two lacrosse games. None scheduled today, but back at it tomorrow evening under the lights. Do wish the temperature would rise a bit, though. Hasn't been really warm. Bring on the heat!!

It is hard to believe I've completed 100 blog posts. I'm now on my way to 200! Keep typing, Tracy! I have no plans to stop now! Oh joy! More words!

Well, the cottages at old Orchard Beach are now open. Thanks to nephew Robert, the town water supply is running. I was able to get the water on in Deb's cottage. It is ready for her arrival within the next couple weeks. It seems like summer is arriving on schedule. Warm weather, are you aware of the season? Hope so!

Monday morning the pickup wouldn't start. Figured out it was an electrical problem as the gas gauge wouldn't work when the key was turned on. The past week I would switch on and off until the gauge registered. When gauge worked, the truck would start. Monday morning, no way the gauge would register. Triple A towed truck to mechanic on mechanic's flatbed! Was seated on the couch Tuesday afternoon when pickup returned home. I live so close to mechanic that when my vehicles are repaired, I get special delivery. Luckily he found a $15 relay that was corroded. Popped a new one in and all is well! Kaelen is happy. I don't have to use her summer car. I have my truck back. One crisis overcome. Don't need any more! Are you listening? Thanks!

Finally I've completed my gardening project on the front lawn. The landscape timbers have been put in place. The weedblock has been covered by some loam. The cukes, zucchini, summer squash, and tomato plants have been transplanted. If half of the plants survive we'll have a decent crop. Probably will add a couple more summer squash plants. Can't have too much summer squash! Hopefully, a good harvest will happen. I'll keep you posted. Hope it is good news. In August, we will know. Keep checking for updates. Hope a garden picture appears with this post. I believe Kaelen has taken a picture and has sent it to Tracy for publishing. It is nice to have an accomplished staff of underlings to get the job done. Underlings! Not really! Kidding!

Photo Courtesy of Kaelen (Underling Enterprises)

A word on sister Jean's rehab. She is now involved in a program of chemo and radiation. I believe it is for a six-week period. So far she is handling the process alright. Pray that all goes well in the next few weeks. Thanks!

Another milestone of sorts celebrated over the past week. As of yesterday spouse and I started on our 53rd year of married life. Taking a page from my dad's outlook, I prefer to say we are in our 53rd year as opposed to celebrating our 52nd anniversary. Always a year ahead. Within the next month we (spouse and I) will be in our 75th year as we both celebrate birthday number 74. Time surely does fly by! The older, the faster it goes! Believe me on this!

Enough for now. My 101st!

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: