Saturday, May 26, 2012

The End of American Idol

I have written about American Idol several times on my blog.  Lew and I have watched it since the second season, but I have been a lukewarm viewer in recent years.  (Please see my January post titled DVR Dilemma.)

I have nothing against Philip Phillips personally.  But I never thought his talent rose to the American Idol level.  He isn't a terrible singer, but he definitely isn't versatile.  As the saying goes, he is a "one trick pony."

About a month ago, I asked Lew the following:  "If Philip Phillips wins this thing, can we make a deal to never watch American Idol again?"

And Lew said, "Yes"!

Unless you live under a rock, you know that Philip Phillips did indeed win the title.  So I never have to watch another season of American Idol....

Hooray!

(Postscript:  I read that Philip Phillips will be undergoing surgery sometime this coming week, and I do wish him all the best.)

No comments: