Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Introducing Jerry

(For those of you expecting a post from my father, please note that Derf has been postponed until Thursday.  So be sure to check back in tomorrow!)

Today I made an uncharacteristically impulsive decision, after which I sent Lew the following text message:  "I did a bad thing.  Photo to come."

I followed up the text message with this picture:


Then the phone rang.

I knew it was Lew.  I thought about not answering it, but I knew that I would have to face the music sooner or later.

"Hello," I said in my most chipper voice.

"Is that OUR cat?" my dear, sweet, understanding husband asked.

I explained to Lew that cats choose the person, so what could I do???


In all fairness to Lew, he was fine with my unilateral decision.  He had even mentioned getting a cat on several occasions.

I named the cat Jeremiah. We'll call him Jerry.



As you can see, Jerry has made himself quite at home already!

Now, if we can just get Pepper to stop hissing at him....

(Postscript:  Dad, Mom, and Kaelen arrived home this afternoon.  So our household is complete!)

No comments: