Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Dad 95: A Time for Spring Projects

(Lew and I will have to discuss the sign!  Enjoy Dad's post!!  -- Tracy)

Derf Here!  From the damp, cold, clammy northeast corner of this great country.  The weather is very un-spring-like.  Too wet to mow, even!  That's not bad!  Must get yard in shape before Illinois trip for Kelsey's graduation.  Time is a-wasting!

This corner of the universe is resting a little easier today as the Red Sox had a great road trip (6-1).  As I write this they still have one more loss than wins.  However, a week ago they had six more losses than wins.  They will be just fine as the season progresses.  Pitching!  Pitching must improve!

The Celtics have regained home court advantage in their first round playoffs.  Might win the first series, but that will probably be it.  The "older" gentlemen have had a good year.  Perhaps the best they can expect.  I don't see another championship in their future.  I'd welcome one, but my hopes do not run high.  Please Rondo, control your emotions!  No more bumping referees!

Josh's baseball season has begun.  Already have had two rain outs.  Played one game and won.  Hope to attend another game tomorrow in Portland.  Weather, please cooperate.  In the near future we hope to watch Zack play lacrosse.  Still waiting for his schedule.

Went to Ace Hardware today to obtain a few spring products.  Every spring I bomb our cellar with "foggers" designed to kill all the varmints that would like to occupy our home.  It seems to work as bugs and the like are few during the summer months.

My next project will take me to the garden supply store for garden soil and plants.  I plan on using part of our front lawn as a garden for tomatoes, squash, and cucumbers.  Last summer we had a tiny plot.  I plan on a small expansion this year.  If all goes well, I'll have a garden picture available later this summer.  It will be called "Fred's Front Yard Farm!"  I might even have a sign erected.  Probably won't be able to put sign up as it would deface the property.  Just a thought.  Not a very good one, though!  I'll check with the owners on the sign.

Please, Lord, bring us some nice spring weather soon so I can complete some seasonal tasks.

This past week I had an x-ray and an MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging).  This was the first MRI that I have ever had and only the second area to have been x-rayed.  So now, I have an MRI story to tell.  Way longer (time) and noisier than I thought it would be.  Painless, however!  I'll keep you posted on the reasons and results of these tests.  Nothing earth-shattering.  Actually quite boring.

Well, I must go bomb the cellar.  Sooo --

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

P.S.  A belated happy birthday to Tracy (age unreported).  Early happy birthday to "Prayer Warrior" Wendy (one year older than Tracy).

No comments: