Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Dad 96: The Right-Turn Theory; A Hip Story

(Maybe Lew and I will take a certain piece of furniture to the dump while my parents are in Illinois.  That would force the issue, wouldn't it?  Enjoy Dad's post!  -- Tracy)

Derf Here!  From the once again soggy, damp, and dismal Northeast.  We did have a wonderful, glorious day on Monday.  A great day for a baseball game.  Josh's team won again.  Supposed to play today.  It rained all day yesterday and through the night.  The ground is very, very damp.  Don't know if they will play or not.  If they do, I'll be there!

Spent a lot of time the last two days preparing the motor home for its summer occupant.  Got the cable hooked up.  Must finish the water and a new electric service that I'm working on.  Will be done by day's end.  Then I must vacuum it up and reposition some rugs.  So when we return from Illinois on May 22nd with Kaelen, her summer home will await her.

We will be heading to Illinois this Sunday.  One week from Sunday we'll attend Kelsey's graduation.  Also plan a trip next week to Indy to visit sister Jean and plan on going out for lunch.  That will take place on Thursday, May 17th.  Please continue your thoughts and prayers for Jean as she continues to recover from a colon cancer operation.

Jean told me she actually drove her car to the bank the other day.  The doctor said it was up to the family to decide when and if Jean should drive again.  I hear the family said her driving has always been suspect, so they agreed to free her up.  At one time in Jean's driving career she would figure out how to get from place to place with no left turns.  So, as you see, she is not the most confident driver in the world.  Using her right-turn theory does allow the fuel companies to make a few more bucks and also adds miles to her vehicle.  If it works for her, I say "Go for it."

My blog last week mentioned an x-ray and MRI that I had done on my hip.  Over the past few weeks I've been dealing with excruciating pain in my right hip.  The pain would continue down the leg.  So after several uncomfortable mornings (the pain would disappear by the afternoon), I figured out something was not right.  Well, one day as I entered our home, Spouse told me my couch had a strange shape to it.  This is where I had been sitting for years.  It was sunken in, hollowed out even!  I agreed and said I had thought about the strange seating position myself.  Well, as of last Wednesday, I jammed pillows into the hollow and stopped taking very strong pain medications.  This has allowed me to go pain-free in the mornings for the past week.  The angle at which one sits does cause discomfort.  The solution will be a new couch.  Maybe upon return from Illinois.  So, "square up" out there!

My x-rays and MRI showed nothing that caused anyone to say "hip replacement."  A little arthritis and soft tissue, but nothing of any consequence.

I've been told while driving long distances to remove my wallet from hip pocket as this can cause severe discomfort.  Luckily, I don't carry a wallet in my hip pocket.  But if YOU do, take heed to my message.

Hope to post from the Midwest next week.

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: