Saturday, May 19, 2012

Go, Horsie!

Lew and I took a late afternoon walk, timed so that we would be home in time to watch the Preakness.

I am not an expert on horse racing, nor do I watch very much of it. But each year, I do try to watch the three races that comprise the Triple Crown.

The race coverage featured a simulation in which "I'll Have Another" (the winner of the Kentucky Derby) lost by several lengths. It didn't look like the horse would have a chance, come real race time.

But horses apparently do not pay any attention to simulations (nor the betting odds, for that matter). After trailing the entire race, "I'll Have Another" led when it counted: at the finish line.

So, will we have a Triple Crown winner this year? There have been three in my lifetime: Secretariat, Seattle Slew, and Affirmed.

I'll Have Another!

No comments: