Saturday, May 12, 2012

A Problem Solved

A few months ago, Lew bought a cable that allows me to hook up my laptop to our television.  What is the name of this cable?  I don't know.  But I do know how to hook it up to my laptop so that both the video and the audio can go through the TV... which is all I care about knowing!

I'm having a meeting at my house on Tuesday night. Two of the attendees will be joining us via Skype.  And because of the "magic" cable, the folks in my living room will be able to see and hear them on my TV!  (The two folks on Skype will be together at the same location.)

But what about our two Skypers being able to see us when we talk?  (We can't all crowd around my laptop webcam.)  Solution:  Lew borrowed a video camera that plugs into a USB port.  He also borrowed a USB extension cord.  We tried it out with some friends on Skype tonight.  It worked great!  So on Tuesday night we will refer to my husband as "Lew the Cameraman."  (Thanks, Sweetie!)

No comments: