Friday, June 18, 2010

Three Short Stories

There is an elementary school right down the road from our house. Although the last day of school was yesterday, the school zone lights were flashing when I headed for work this morning. So, I slowed down to the 15-mph speed limit. Other vehicles going in the opposite direction were also going slowly. But apparently the driver of the jeep that nearly rear-ended me didn't feel that it was necessary to obey the school zone restriction. He didn't slow down at all until he was practically on my bumper. Then he had the nerve to honk. I waited a few seconds, and then I pulled off to the side to let him go by. Gee, I hope that he had a great day.

While Lew was at work today, he received a phone call from Matt. Matt was on his way to a wedding and couldn't get his tie tied. He had been looking for instructions on the Internet and apparently couldn't find anything that helped him. So, if he stopped by to see his dad at work, would he help him?? And Lew said, "Sure, stop on by." And the tie got tied. A happy ending.

It was a gorgeous day here in Southern Maine. Lew and I took our first beach walk of the season after we got home from work. We saw several little kids laughing as they played in the water. And we also saw a lot of bikinis!

No comments: