Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My Address Book

A few years ago, I decided to update my address book.

The problem with that was that I had addresses and contact information collected on little pieces of paper, on typed lists, and in multiple books. I needed to consolidate all of this information into one place. And I wanted it to be easy to update!

I thought about doing it on the computer, but I really wanted a "hard copy" for easier reference.

So, I bought some 5 1/2 by 8 1/2-inch lined paper (with the pre-punched holes) and an appropriate-sized looseleaf binder to store them in.

I made my own alphabet dividers out of card stock.

I use one piece of paper per person/family. I have their address/phone/cell/e-mail/etc. all written on that one page. And at the bottom I record anniversaries and birthdays.

When any of the information changes, I just write it in. Or if the page is getting too messy, I can replace the entire page.

In the front of the book, I also have anniversaries and birthdays listed by month. That makes it easier when purchasing cards and such.

The binder itself has clear plastic over it that allows for inserting a title page. So I made a nice decorative insert for the front of the book, as well as for the binder side.

I really like my address book.

(Postscript: And it's easy for Lew to use, too!)

No comments: