Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Latin & Logic Lesson All in One

My father told me that I had to explain yesterday's post.  I told him to look it up, and he didn't find that to be an acceptable response!

Post hoc, ergo propter hoc is Latin for "after this, therefore because of this."

In general, this is not good logic.  You can't always say that one event caused a later event just because it happened earlier.  For example, Lew made spaghetti for dinner tonight.  Then one of Lew's friends stopped by on his motorcycle.  But Lew's spaghetti-making did not cause the visit from his friend...especially since the friend stopped by after we had already eaten!

Still, yesterday's muggy weather may have contributed to last night's headache.  Or not....

On a completely different subject, I used Skype for the first time tonight to have a video chat with my friend Kimmee and her daughter, Jun.  Kim's husband, Ryu, even popped into the picture for a minute.  Kim and I will definitely "Skype" again soon!

1 comment:

Kim said...

It was so fun to SEEEEEEE you AND hear you! I look forward to our next SKYPE!