Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

A few thoughts on this Father's Day:

Dad is celebrating Father's Day by watching sporting events on TV. Perfect, right?? Well, last night the picture on his plasma TV "went." He will be calling someone tomorrow to find out if it can be fixed. In the meantime, he is using a spare set that Lew and I had up in our attic. We call it the "little white TV" and I am able to carry it around easily all by myself. It's funny to walk over to their side of the house and see him watching this teeny little screen.

Of my father's three daughters, I am probably (uh, definitely) the one that is most like him in temperament. And that's as much as I'll say about that!

God blessed my sisters and me with a wonderful father. Dad is not the "touchy-feely" type, so he really makes it count when he shares his heart. Many years ago I was going through a difficult time, and I believe his exact words to me were "No matter what happens, remember that you're our daughter and we love you." I will always remember.

Happy Father's Day, Dad! I love you!

(Postscript: Tomorrow, when another Father's Day is behind us, Dad will mow the lawn...and perhaps purchase a new television.)

No comments: