Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sunday Rest

I was just telling Lew that this is the first Sunday in a long time where I felt like I really experienced "rest." And that wasn't because of inactivity!

The day started off with church. Our choir song for this morning is one of my favorites from last year's Easter musical.

"Oh, Happy Day, Happy Day!
You washed my sin away.
Oh, Happy Day, Happy Day!
I'll never be the same!"


Our pastor was away, so our friend Trista delivered the message. The Scripture she spoke on was Luke 7:36-50, the account of Jesus being Anointed by a Sinful Woman. (Five "S" words to think about when reading this passage: sin, sacrifice, sorrow, service, salvation.)

After a quick trip to the grocery store, Lew and I went to visit his mother. We asked her what we should bring over for lunch, and she wanted a hamburger from Burger King! We could do that.

We got home mid-afternoon and we both ended up taking a nap. Actually, Lew slept first. When I went to see if he was still napping, I ended up falling asleep myself. I usually don't nap (unless I'm ill), but that may change after today. I do believe that I like napping.

After I got back up, I ate a bowl of Cheerios and a peanut-butter-covered banana for my dinner. I finished the latest book that I'd been reading on my Kindle.

Lew and I just completed our devotional time. We both agreed that it was a great day.

Thank you, God! I really like the day you made today!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I'm so glad you had a great one. Ryu just reviewed our evening with me - though I was just sitting about 15 feet from most of it, teaching, as it happened. Just gave me another stomach ache! REST!!! We need YOU! So, I need to toddle off to bed soon!