Thursday, April 16, 2015

The Clothes Monster

I don't think my mother has ever discarded a single item of clothing in her life. (Yes, I am exaggerating a wee bit.)

I believe this because I carried over 3/4 of her hanging clothes upstairs and jammed them into my guest room closet. I saw clothing that I don't ever remember her wearing. I saw at least a dozen items that used to be mine; she must have saved them from the Goodwill pile! Up and down the stairs I went....

At some point she and I will need to go through these clothes more carefully, but for now I needed to make space in their closet for my father's stuff.  He has been using a wardrobe for his things, but that piece of furniture needs to be moved out of the bedroom for better wheelchair accessibility. (Mom can walk, but she will need to use a chair a lot at first so she doesn't get overtired.)

To summarize this week's Throwback Thursday tale: Today I stored items of clothing I already got rid of years ago.

No comments: