Monday, April 27, 2015

Fun Time at the BMV

Grrrr....

There is a reason the Bureau of Motor Vehicles has a bad reputation:  It deserves it!

I don't wish to put all the blame on the poor souls who are the front lines in customer service.  They have to deal with a bureaucracy and system that is fundamentally flawed.  For instance....

If one were to complete the form to secure a handicapped placard for the car, apparently one must be able to read the minds of the people that designed the form:

  • "Contact person" really means "the person who will be picking up the placard."
  • "This form may be mailed" really means "the doctor may mail this form."

If one did not know this, then one could wait in line for 37 minutes with no satisfactory outcome.

Don't ask me how I learned this myself.

I. Am. Still. Bitter.

Grrrr....

(Postscript:  I was nice to the customer service representative. Well, much nicer than I felt like being!)

No comments: