Thursday, April 9, 2015

For the Family Album

Have you ever met someone as an adult and then found photographic evidence of your paths crossing earlier in life? I have seen some news stories recently about people this has happened to.

Today I share my own personal instance of this.

The year is 1986.... Lew, Matt, and Matt's mom attended the same church I did, although we didn't really know each other. (We did know of each other.)

Lew and I were recently looking at a church directory from that year. I saw a particularly ugly candid photo of myself, but I still pointed it out to Lew. (U-g-l-y!)  Anyway, there is a cute little boy standing in front of me. Lew looked a little closer and said, "That's Matt!"

Very cool.

Here is that photo. (The quality isn't great because it was a small shot in a collage. And those two people weren't really wearing football helmets - I added those. Ha ha!)



Maybe Matt and I could recreate this photo. But I no longer have that Minnie Mouse sweatshirt. And I'm pretty sure Matt's t-shirt won't fit him now.   ;-)

No comments: