Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Dad 248: Update on Spouse; NCAA Tourney

(I managed to stay up - sort of - until the end of both championship games. Now we're on to baseball. Go BoSox!  Enjoy Dad's post.  ~  Tracy)

Derf Here! The Northeast is sunny. The temperature is still at the freezing level. Snow is predicted for tonight. Possible one-to-three inches coming our way. Is Spring really here? Perhaps it is but just slow to join us. Please warm up. I'm ready for the warmth of the spring sun. I'm waiting.

Well, this week has been busy. Spouse (a.k.a. Mary Lou) seems to be making progress as she is working hard trying to normalize her life after her stroke. It will be a long road ahead of us. We are preparing for her recovery and the whole family is involved. Please keep the prayers for her recovery coming. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

I continue to visit Spouse daily, except for two days this past weekend when I believe I had a bout with food poisoning.  (It was not a pretty sight.)  Hope to learn a lot about her care in the next few weeks.

The college basketball season is now over. Duke men and UConn women are the new champions. Coach K continues to impress me with his ability to win titles. UConn coach, Geno Auriemma, won his tenth title without ever losing in the title game. He doesn't win every year but he has never lost the championship. To me, that is an amazing stat. Congratulations to both Duke and UConn. Job well done.

I am off to do a few errands this morning. My bloviating is over. Sooo....

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: