Monday, November 17, 2014

My Addiction to Monk

I admit that I did not watch the TV show Monk when it was originally on the air. I may have seen one or two episodes at most.

I started watching Season 1 of the show last week. I am hooked -- and not just because I can identify with the main character. (My OCD isn't nearly as bad as Monk's!)

I like how Monk sees things that nobody else picks up on. He thinks things through. When the captain asked him, "Does everything have to make sense?", Monk pauses for a second and then replies, "Why, yes, it does." Great response, especially for analyzing evidence. I love it!

I even enjoy the show's theme song. I have since learned that the theme song was replaced starting in Season 2. Bummer! Fortunately the first season's song is still available. I just downloaded it from iTunes and it is now my ringtone on my iPhone. (Sorry, Perry Mason. Your theme song has been demoted.)

Up next: Monk, Season 1, Episode 8.  :)

No comments: