Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Dad 226: Snow, Football, Election, and Chickens

(Like my father, I was up late keeping tabs on election results. Overall, our household is pleased with the outcomes. Enjoy Dad's post! ~ Tracy)
 
Derf Here! The sky is cloudy, but we have been assured (the weathermen) that the sun will break through this afternoon and temperatures will rise to the high 50s. The state did get a great deal of snow a couple days ago. All snow of consequence was north of us. Up to one foot fell in certain areas. About 100,000 lost power and all has not been restored as of now. (Please turn off the "mother nature" snow machines. Bring them back again in about four months. Wishful thinking!) Still waiting for a good frost!
 
Josh's high school team won their quarterfinal playoff game. Led by 20 points with less than three minutes left. Gave up two more touchdowns, so they won by seven points. Now it's on to play the number one seed. It has been a great run. Five wins in a row! Go, Josh!
 
Happy to see the Patriots demolish the Broncos. Also happy to see the Colts win. Noticed our family friend was now playing some defense in addition to all special teams. Go, Andy Studebaker (#58).
 
Was up last night into the morning hours. It was voting day, you know.
 
Was concerned about retaining our governor. Early in the morning he was declared the winner. We were three for three with our yard signs. Very glad about the total elections (locally and nationally). Could not be happier!
 
No more visits from our neighbor's chickens. I saw a police car in my next-door neighbor's yard, and I only saw the chickens one more time after that. I assume my next-door neighbor complained about the chickens pooping on her deck and digging up her flowers and plants. (I wouldn't like that either.) But I sure do miss their visits. And to think that I have a brand new, full bag of cracked corn in the garage. I'll guess I'll feed the crows.
 
Told to be short with today's blog so I will obey. Sooo....
 
Until next time!
 
Total Pip!
 
Derf!

No comments: