Monday, November 3, 2014

Media Mayhem

I am tired today.

Q:  What is making me weary?
A:  A few things, not the least of which is the election hoopla.

We hardly get any phone calls on our landline, but this past week it has been ringing off the hook with election robocalls.

A great many TV ads are slamming this candidate, praising that one, while offering very little substantive information.

Now I do understand the need for campaigning before an election. (We even have some candidates' signs posted in our front yard.) But enough is enough already!

I will be voting tomorrow.  (I will try to do so before I go to work.) Any further phone calls received or advertisements seen will not change how I have decided to vote.

I have a headache. Hopefully it will go away with the election results.

No comments: