Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Dad 228: Irritations in the News

(Ah-choo! Enjoy Dad's post. ~ Tracy)
 
Derf Here! The sun doth shine. The thermometer doth dip. Well, we have had our 'hard' frost. The growing season has been over for almost a week, and every night since has continued below freezing. I'm ready for April.
 
As I look at the weather out by the Great Lakes, I can say, without question, that I'm glad I'm not traveling the New York Thruway. Six feet of snow is a bit much. Stranded for days in a big, big storm is not my idea of enjoying the trip. Something has to be done about the change to a warmer temperature. Global warming! Really!
 
Congratulations to the Patriots for handling the Colts. Quite easily, I might add. I hope the Pats have not peaked too early. Right now they are the class of professional football, but it can all end quickly if they can't sustain the effort. Wishing for the Colts and Pats to win all the rest in the regular season. Then I must make choices.
 
I've made it through the week with my cold and sore throat. I seem to be on the mend. Lew and Tracy seem to have contracted a similar fate. Lew is fighting through it by working every day. Hope we all turn the corner to better health within the week. We seem to be on track. Hooray!
 
Before ending my post today, I will mention three things that irritate me. (All three seen on the news with in the last 24 hours.)
  1. Just saw a promo for Obamacare. Showing how money is available for all those that can't afford health insurance. No subsidies available for most people. Me included.
  2. An atheist group is now challenging to allow an anonymous student in New Jersey to rid the pledge of "under God". As Obama said, "We are not a Christian community." Another great statement from our leader.
  3. A woman filed a lawsuit against her neighbor. Reason: her dogs went in the neighbor's yard and killed the neighbor's dog. It seems that the lady went into the yard and tried to stop the fight. I guess she got bit. Suing for one million dollars from neighbor, whose dog was killed.
Only in America! What a country! Let's disbar some of these lawyers. I feel refreshed!
 
Enough griping! Soooo....
 
Until next time!
 
Toodle Pip!
 
Derf!

No comments: