Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Attempted Demise of a Lampshade

Lew and I have a wall lamp that we switch on as we enter our house. It has a beautiful lampshade that goes perfectly with our decor... we like it anyway! The lamp is located right above our buffet. (To see a photo, click HERE.)

Jerry has always had an interest in the lampshade. That interest increased drastically this past weekend. When we arrived home on Saturday (after our babysitting gig), I saw the lampshade on the floor! How did it get there? Jerry was looking very innocent. But I knew....

The lampshade ended up on the floor again that night. And then again on Sunday.

Lew and I discussed several options for salvaging our beautiful lampshade. (Getting rid of Jerry was not one of the options!)

I finally decided on a simple solution. Jerry accessed the top of the buffet (and thus the lampshade) via a couple stools that were at the end of the buffet. I merely relocated these stools.

It seems to be working so far. Let's hope it continues to do the trick!

No comments: