Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Dad 184: NFL Playoffs and a Clock

(Kim deserved all the razzing she received! Just my opinion. She knows that I love her. Enjoy Dad's post! ~ Tracy)

Derf Here! If I didn't know it was still January, I'd be saying "Hello" to Spring today. After a month of temperatures usually below freezing, we have had a real "January thaw." Temperatures running close to the 50s. Supposed to go back to winter temps shortly. Too soon for me!

We now await the next NFL playoff games this weekend. My choices are San Francisco over Seattle and, of course, the Patriots over the Broncos. Down deep, I don't believe that San Francisco can beat Seattle. But, I hope! As for the Patriots over the Broncos: Possible if the Pats play as well as they did against the Colts this past Sunday. GO PATS!

The Pats-Colts game caused some slight problems in our Illinois family. It seems daughter Kim rooted for the Colts. A family friend plays for the Colts. In fact, our Illinois family watched the game at the family friend's parents' home. The friend is number 58, Andy Studebaker. He plays on the Colts special teams. Kim was relegated to the backseat for the drive to the Studebakers. Seems kind of harsh!

I told Kim, if I lived out in Illinois for 20 years and watched Andy grow up in my church, I'd be a fan of any team he played for. Even when he was in Kansas City playing for the Chiefs. All in good fun.

I am having a war with my atomic clock. I needed to replace the batteries in both the clock and the outdoor temperature sensor as this function suddenly stopped working. Well, I got everything working. However, every morning finds the day has jumped two days and the time is reset incorrectly. Well, I found my book on the clock and I have just redone the batteries and will let the clock set itself. At least that is what the directions say. I am now using directions. Not often do I do this. I'll let you know how this works out next week.

Pepper just looked at the clock and has started over to the kitchen area. She's getting ready for our delightful tuna lunch. I'm on my way, Pepper. Must keep the cat happy! Sooo....

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: