Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Dad 183: Thoughts on Two Predictions

(The sunny part of today is over as I enter this; it is now dark outside. And yes... "Go Patriots!" Enjoy Dad's post! ~ Tracy)

Derf Here! And so is winter! Today is sunny and up in the 20s. Two days ago we reached 50°. The day before was minus 20. A swing of about 70 degrees. Oh, how I'd like a few more of those warm days. The experts tell us we'll perhaps reach freezing over the next few days. Maybe even get some more rain as we did a couple days ago. The snow will go down a lot as it did then.

Well, it has been cold all over the country. The highlight for me: a vessel out checking for global warming was stuck in the ice. I believe two more vessels went to help and were also iced in. I heard today they were now free to travel. There was supposed to be no ice in that area as Al Gore said five years ago that the ice would be gone in five years. Me thinks he was wrong! Can you believe it?

The big news for the upcoming weekend is the game at Foxboro. The Colts (who won a thriller) will be in town to take on the Pats. I have nothing against the Colts except when they play the Patriots. My hope for this weekend is a Patriots win and that San Diego upsets Denver. This would allow the Pats to play at home the following weekend. However, these wins could easily go the other way. Hope not! Time will tell. GO PATS!

Just read an interesting article. Tim Tebow, doing some work for ESPN, predicted that Florida State would beat Auburn for the national championship. They did, by a 34-31 score. Tebow's prediction was 35-31. Pretty close, I'd say.

I'm back on the elliptical machine daily. I now do 30 minutes per day. Enough, I think, for me at my age. I hope it is enough as I continue to seek "Greek god" status. I know it is not possible, but I can dream, can't I?

Now I must end my writing and hope for a Patriots win. Sooo.....

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must say GO COLTS!!!!!

:-)