Thursday, January 9, 2014

ERM and a Prayer

After the excess of the Christmas season, I have proclaimed January to be "ERM" : Economic Recovery Month. We are spending money only on the basics.

When Lew got home from work on Monday night, he informed me of a troublesome noise that his car was making. (I could even hear the noise myself while inside the house.) Uh-oh. What would this mean for ERM?

When we had our prayer time that night, I added a little plea for our car. Please, let it not be a major expense.

I took the car to brother-in-law Glen's shop on Tuesday. His service department found and fixed the problem. They even solved another long-term issue with the car. Both fixes were minor. And that meant minor dollars, too! No expensive parts. (Phew.)

When Lew and I talked about our good fortune, we both remembered our prayer from the night before. And we offered our thanks.

ERM remains intact!

No comments: