Thursday, January 23, 2014

Taking Charge

Last summer I told you about a lady who shares my name.  (Click HERE to read the post.)  She has financial "issues" and I sometimes get calls from creditors trying to get me to pay her bills.

On the final day of 2013 I received yet another call.  The gentleman (I use the term loosely) that I spoke with had all of my personal identifying information.  And he said that I was indeed responsible for some debt that I knew nothing about.

This was all a bit unnerving.

He offered to "take care of it" on my credit report for a fee of $100.  Bahahahahahaha!

What I did instead that very day:  1) Put a 90-day fraud alert on my credit report.  2) Ordered copies of my credit report from all three agencies.  (I have since received the three reports and they all look fine.)

There is a third thing that I have now done:  Yesterday I became a LifeLock member....  Protected!  :)

No comments: