Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Dad 185: No Snow; Go, Broncos!

(Dad uses "LOL!" in today's entry. LOL! Enjoy his post! ~ Tracy)

Derf Here! From the snowless Northeast. It seems that the East Coast storm decided to take an eastern track and avoid our area. (Thank you, storm!) Feel sorry for the people south of us. Boston, New York City and Philly will be digging out while the Silverado plow will remain parked by the garage. Fine by me!

Well, I have to comment on the Patriots game with Denver. Sorry Brady did not have a good game. Sorry Wes Welker decided not to be a receiver and took out Talib. Sorry Pats lost. They lost to a better team that day. Something can be said for home-field advantage. Congrats to Peyton and his Broncos. We still have the World Series champions in the area. GO, SOX!

Now to the upcoming Super Bowl. Hope Peyton continues his fine play. Want the Broncos to hand the Seahawks a defeat. Also hope Peyton continues to use "Omaha" to receive many more thousands of dollars for his charity. Want Peyton to throw at least three touchdown passes over Richard Sherman. (More, if needed!) GO, BRONCOS!

I just looked at my outdoor thermometer. It is still cold. Nine degrees is not a heatwave. The experts tell us we are in for another week of cold, cold temps. Zero degrees will be warm compared to some of the cold we can expect. I'm ready for spring. Please get here soon!

While writing this I have been watching my "high wheel" weathervane. It has completed a full 360° turn. It seems that the wind is blowing from every direction. Over the last three summers I have climbed on the garage roof to free up the weathervane. By the way it is spinning around, I think I have it unstuck. Perhaps I'll not have to risk life and limb this summer to once again free it up. I believe I've solved the problem. This may make some family members happy. A summer with no roof climbing at my "advanced" age. LOL!

Almost time for my tuna lunch with Pepper. Sooo....

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: