Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Dad 108: Opinions of Olympic Proportions

(I dictated today's post into my iPhone.  Dad kept it to three hand-written pages.  When I got to the paragraph about the cycling, I got the giggles so bad that nothing was "heard" correctly by the phone.  In fact, it interpreted my laughing as a naughty word!  That made me giggle again when I corrected the draft on my laptop.  "Hooray" for editing.  Enjoy Dad's post!  --  Tracy)

Derf Here! On a damp morning in the Northeast. Wind is blowing from the Northwest so the day should be drying out. Maybe dry enough to mow our very-ignored lawn. If not today, I'll take care of it tomorrow. Maybe!

The Olympics seem to be taking up much of the TV time over the past week. I try to watch as little as possible. I can't get excited about watching fencing as the participants are so well covered that no one will ever feel a "poke." I told Lew that the participants should have no face-masks nor protective clothing. They should have razor-sharp sabres. The first to draw blood would be declared the winner. Hope no one would be decapitated. The possibility would exist, however. Better than electronic lighting!

Other non-Olympic events are the horse show stuff. This trotting about should be at "horse shows" only. Not an athletic Olympic event. Just my opinion. This did allow me to see the royal family once again. What a thrill!

I could go on and on and on about other activities that should not be Olympic athletic events. Very impressed with basketball, volleyball (indoor and beach), gymnastics, swimming, and soccer. I'm sure I missed some other mentionable events; however, I choose to watch the Red Sox games as NBC runs tape-delayed events during prime time. By the time NBC airs events, I already know the results. Most of the events could be shown "LIVE" during the day as we are five hours behind in time. Can't criticize NBC enough. But I'll keep trying. I'll be glad when the Olympics are over. I'm sure I can find something better to watch at 10:00 AM than the very exciting women's sabre match. Can hardly contain my enthusiasm.

Very impressed by the men's basketball team from the USA. The gold is theirs. But they are not the best ever. That belongs to the 1992 team. Not even close! My opinion!

Josh is at University of Maine (Orono) for a week of baseball camp along with friend Kyle Russo. I'm sure they're having a blast. Hope they don't get thrown out of camp. That would be ungood! Not a chance!

The Sox (Red) seem to be going in the right direction. Out of last place. Way to go! Probably lose the next few, however. That is what usually happens.

Cycling has just returned to the TV. My eyes are glued to the screen as I watch a cyclist riding in front of an auto along the street. I see this every day right out here on the street I live on. Can't figure out what is more exciting. Hope no one crashes. Saw that last week! Brutal!

I've come to the conclusion I've been very critical and negative in this blog. Therefore, I will cease my writing and try to be more positive. Soooo --

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: