Saturday, August 25, 2012

The Great Cat Experiment

Jerry has been itching to get over to my parents' side of the house and make friends with Pepper, so Lew decided "Why not today?"  (The cats have had some exposure to each other, but we've kept the "visits" short.)

And how did it go?

EPIC FAILURE!

Jerry chased Pepper all the way upstairs and under the bed in the guest room.  I was able to grab Jerry and get him away from Pepper.  When I went back to look for Pepper, she had switched rooms.  She was now under our king-sized bed, safely out of arm's reach.

As Lew and I looked under the bed at her, Pepper hissed and hissed.  I also heard a low growl that I thought was coming from Lew, but it was really poor little Pepper.  Hiss, growl, hiss, growl....

We ended up putting Jerry in his carrier so that Pepper would see he couldn't chase her.  Then Mom came upstairs and I was able to "coax" Pepper out from under the bed with a cane.  Mom picked her up and took her home.

I have since given Pepper some goodies on two separate occasions.  She even ate them out of my hand.  I think she has forgiven me.

But I don't think we will attempt "The Great Cat Experiment" again!

No comments: