Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Dad 112: Kim, Jerry, Isaac, & Sister Deb

(Happy Birthday to my sister Kim!  Enjoy Dad's post!  --  Tracy)

Derf Here! Enjoying another great summer day in the Northeast. According to the weather experts, this weather will last through Labor Day. Bring it on! I can handle it! Summer is slipping away! Football game for Zack on Saturday!

It was 48 years ago today that Spouse became un-pregnant as Kim became a new member of this world. I'm sure Spouse welcomed this un-pregnant state, as over the previous 24 months only six months were without child. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KIM!! Have a piece of chocolate cream pie for me.

I am about to steal some of Tracy's thunder. As I was emptying the dishwasher, Tracy came into the home looking for help getting "Jerry the cat" out from behind the headboard. Spouse helped free the vandal. Check Tracy's most recent post (earlier today, on Derf's day) to see a picture of the animal hoping to be named "Cat of the Year!"  I would have left him there to escape on his own.

While I sit here in this beautiful weather, I hope Isaac the Storm does not become a killer storm. Already it has flooded areas, caused power outages, and has people isolated in homes filling up with water. Hope and pray for this storm to end soon with no more damage. Fortunate to live in an area where vicious storms are very rare.

Sister Deb left the house about 3:00 AM for her trip to the Pittsburgh area. She's traveling with her 1 1/2 pounds of lobster meat. After two nights in Pennsylvania, Deb will continue on to Indianapolis to spend ten days with sister Jean and family. The cottage was closed up yesterday and this is a sign that summer is winding down. What is next? Fall, then winter? I'll bet that's what happens. By then, sister Deb will be back in Florida for another summer in the winter. Doesn't sound like a bad place to be. Have a safe trip, Deb!

Enough rambling for now. Sooo....

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: