Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Dad 110: Thoughts from Two Days Ago

(Written on Monday, typed on Tuesday, posted on Wednesday.... Dad's post has been several days in the making this week.  Enjoy!  -- Tracy)

Derf Here!

Writing this on Monday for a posting on Wednesday. Reason: I explained in my last post and will be on the road the next four days.

Another fabulous day in the great Northeast. Mowed lawn! Teeth-cleaning at the dentist office! Bad news! Must have a cavity taken care of next week! First new cavity since 2006. Not bad for me, as I have a filling in most teeth. The teeth are still my own, however. That is a good thing. A very good thing!

I only have one thing left to do before leaving early tomorrow morning. I must pack. That will take me about ten minutes. "Travel light" is my motto. It is my one rule of taking trips. The rule serves me quite well.

Had a real good week since last post. Must say the highlight of the week was a Saturday night gospel concert at the Seaside Pavilion in Old Orchard Beach. The Booth Brothers were in fine form. The harmony was tight and their choice of songs superb. I've seen many concerts and I thoroughly enjoyed the program. I wish the Salvation Army could figure a way to pack the Pavilion. The Army has a terrific venue. I've seen Sandy Patty, Mark Lowry, Ernie Haase & Signature Sound, Reggie & Lady Love Smith along with many more well-known gospel performers. They seem to have about 300-400 in the seats. The place holds about 1400. The Army continues to have well-known individuals every year. Keep them coming. Perhaps a little better advertising. Local radio and churches should get involved. The night was enjoyable. Only wish more people would take advantage of the great programs. Wishful thinking! I can dream, can't I?

My day is about over. I must pack and then catch a few hours sleep before Kaelen and I leave for Illinois. Hopefully around 3:00 AM.

Hope to be better next week. Soooo.

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

(Postscript:  Tracy here.  Dad and Kaelen arrived safely in Eureka, Illinois before midnight!)

No comments: