Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Dad 109: Docs and Sox

(Dad came pretty close to giving TMI today. Ha ha! Enjoy his post! -- Tracy)

Derf here! Another great summer day in the Northeast territory of these United States. From all reports from the experts, this may be the last complete sunny day for the next few. Saturday looks like a real wet day. Wish we could allow the incoming wet weather to redirect itself to the Midwest. They are in desperate need for some water.

Just returned from another six-month checkup. Must make an appearance every six months to the doc's in order to satisfy the conditions of my insurance. Had a few questions answered and even have a prescription to get a shingles shot. Now I'll go to the pharmacy to obtain the vaccine.

Spouse is currently visiting the doc. I'm sitting in the car writing this while waiting for her emergence from the doc's office. Hopefully she will return shortly with some positive feedback.

I've got a busy week ahead. I plan to travel to Eureka, Illinois on Tuesday. Will return Kaelen home after her summer job. She returns to college by the weekend. Wednesday I plan to spend in Eureka resting up for the next two days. I will travel to Indianapolis on Thursday for a brief visit with sister Jean. She continues to recover from colon cancer. Hope we can take a short trip for lunch. Planning on it! I'll leave Indy Thursday afternoon and head home. I'll finish my trip on Friday. So I'll travel about 2,500 miles from early Tuesday until late Friday, when I return to the great Northeast. A worthwhile, whirlwind trip.

I have been watching some of the Olympics. Glad to see that the two U.S. female beach volleyball teams will play for the top two medals. Good to see the swimmers and female gymnasts gather up a few medals. I did stay away from the horsie jumping and dancing. Still have a complaint that NBC doesn't show more "LIVE" telecasts during the day. They could wrap it all up in evening without showing complete games. Use the highlights. I already know who won, so I watch the Sox (Red) in the evening. Not too happy with the results the last week. It will take a miracle for them to make the playoffs. I can still hope, can't I? Go Sox!

Spouse is emerging from the doc's office so it's time to drop the pen and start the car....

Well, we stopped at the pharmacy to get a prescription filled for spouse. I left my shingles Rx at home so I must return to pharmacy to complete the shingles shot. I'm about to do that right now. So I'll check in with you next week. I'll probably write the blog prior to leaving for Illinois. Soooo!

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!!

Derf!

No comments: