Thursday, August 2, 2012

Today's Focus: FOOD!

When Lew is on vacation, we try to go to IHOP at least once for breakfast.  Today was the day!  New on the menu:  Red Velvet Pancakes.  Here's the description from IHOP's website:
2 rich and chocolaty red velvet pancakes, drizzled with cream cheese icing, a dusting of powdered sugar and crowned with whipped topping.
Of course I ordered these pancakes... along with some hot chocolate, orange juice, and scrambled eggs.

My grade for the Red Velvet Pancakes:  A+.  I will get these pancakes every time I go to IHOP from now on.  YUMMY!

(My fingers usually type iHop instead of IHOP!  LOL!)

We went to Red Robin for dinner tonight.  Red Robin came to our area a few months ago, but this was our first time to go.  Because Red Robin is known for its Fire-Grilled Burgers, I decided to select something from that section of the menu.   I went for the Banzai, described as follows on the Red Robin menu:
Marinated in teriyaki & topped with grilled pineapple, Cheddar cheese, crisp lettuce, tomatoes and mayo. Dude, you’ll be like, ready to ride the pipeline on O’ahu’s North Shore after you chomp on this!
My grade for the Banzai:  A+.  Not sure I'll ever try any of the other burgers because I loved this one so much.

Top that all off with a piece of "Death by Chocolate" fudge from Cabela's, and anyone would have an A+ food day!

No comments: