Monday, August 13, 2012

The Mug Shot

During our last vacation, Lew went to the DMV to renew his driver's license.  Maine now contracts out its license production, so he didn't get the new license at that point.  He had to wait to get it in the mail.  (They affixed an extension sticker on the back of his current license for use in the meantime.)

I actually went to the DMV with Lew that day.  (That's true love, I know.)  When it came time for his picture, the lady asked him if he wanted to use the same photo that is on his current license.  I heard him say, "I can do better than that."  I laughed out loud.  Loud enough that the lady looked over at me and chuckled.

The new license came in the mail today.  I opened the envelope, looked at the license, and told Lew that he looked like a convict.  (No offense toward convicts intended.)  He thinks it's still better than his old photo, but I'm not so sure.

I thought about posting both pictures on my blog, but I decided not to.  I try not to frighten my readers!

No comments: