Thursday, July 12, 2012

Party Animals

Today is my mother's birthday.  I won't tell you her age, but the two digits needed are 4 and 7.

Debbie, Josh, and Zack came up to our house around 2:00 this afternoon to celebrate.  Dad, Kim, and I were also here for Mom's party.

Debbie bought Mom a gluten-free cupcake and adorned it with one candle.  The rest of us ate of a chocolate cake that Kim had purchased yesterday and left on my kitchen counter.  (Lew had to restrain himself from stealing a piece last night.)

I bought a gift for my mother -- a cover for her Kindle -- but I gave it to her the day it arrived in the mail.  And the card I bought still needed Lew's signature (yes, he likes to sign himself).  So I had nothing to give her at the party.

Fortunately, Mom got a gift from Kim and Debbie.  It was an elaborately-wrapped, multi-gift bag with a lot of red and purple items which included sleepwear, candles, and frying pans.  An odd, yet delightful, assortment.

Josh got up and walked by me at one point, and I almost passed out.  It appeared that he had grown about four inches since I had last seen him, which was two days ago.  He is now a couple inches taller than I am.  I'm not sure how (and when) that happened.

From the above account, I think you will see that my family does indeed know how to party.

Happy Birthday, Mom!

(Postscript:  When I finally gave Mom her card, she asked why Jerry hadn't signed it, too!  MEOW!!)

No comments: