Friday, July 27, 2012

My Take on the Bat Incident

I needed Lew to write yesterday's post because I did not witness most of the excitement surrounding the presence of the bat.

Although I was the first to see the bat flying around and around our bedroom, I pretty much "hid" the rest of the time.  I was either under the covers or squealing on the floor with my eyes shut.  (For some reason, I felt the bat would not attack me if I wasn't able to see it.)

I did not see Lew swinging his pillow or the tennis racket.

I did not see Jerry pounce on the bat.

I DID hear lots of screaming... which was coming from me.

If Jerry is "Superkitty", then I am "Scaredy-cat!"

(Postscript:  We still have no idea how the bat entered the house.  My mother is blaming it on my sister Kim, who is now home in Illinois.  Why didn't she take the bat with her?)

No comments: