Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Dad 106: A New Era

(A huge "THANK YOU" to my father for his work at the parsonage.  Enjoy his post!  --  Tracy)

Derf Here!  From the warm Northeast.  We are so fortunate not having the severe heat wave and no rain such as is happening in the heartland.  The picture of the dry, cracking land is not a good sight.  Hoping for wet weather there soon!  Please!

I have never written my blog this late in the day.  It is currently 4:15 p.m.  My day has been a beehive of activity.  Replaced an outlet and mounted a light bar today in the new pastor's home.  (The pastor of Lew and Tracy.)  The parsonage is taking shape.  Boy, was it hot!  I am still sitting here in a pool of my own sweat.  How refreshing!

I am a little sad today as our couch of the past many, many, many years is no longer available for me to sit on.  We decided to finally get a new one and have a flat surface to sit on.  I no longer need to stuff pillows, where I sat for years, in order to not be lopsided.  I must admit it is very refreshing to sit comfortably as I ramble on writing this mess.

In a couple days I'll be on my garage once again to fix my locked-up weathervane.  Once again it won't turn with the wind.  Hopefully, I'll solve the problem again.  Hope it keeps working for several years as it should.  My last repair worked only for a year.  It worked well for 20 years prior to its malfunction.  Shooting for another 20 years of wind direction without fail.  At least that's what I hope for!

I've saved the best for last.  Josh's baseball team was successful after an opening round loss to win the District 6 tournament from the losers' bracket.  They will be going to Bangor for the state tournament this weekend.  The state has only three districts, so they must beat two district champions.  Wish the guys well.  Been watching most of the team play for several years within their league as well as their all-star experiences.  I will not be attending, but will keep in touch by texting... NOT me, but Spouse!

I'm late and have been told to keep it short.  I will obey the commands of the higher-ups.  Thus....

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: