Friday, July 20, 2012

Grab Bag Blog

Random musings:

I got into a little bit of trouble with my mother after I posted yesterday.  That beautiful plate of zucchini?  Well, she cooked it for me... but I failed to mention the sacrifice that she made over a hot stove so that I could have nourishment.  Sorry, Mom!  And thank you for the zucchini.  :)

Today is my father's birthday.  This morning I gave him a card that Lew and I had both signed.  It had partying monkeys on the front.  We celebrated with cake and ice cream around 2:00-ish.  We had to sing "Happy Birthday" really fast because the many, many candles were melting.

Debbie and Glen got married 16 years ago today.  Josh and Zack were both surprised that it was their parents' anniversary.  I told them I would have been surprised if they had remembered it, seeing that they weren't around then.

Mom told us that her first date with Dad was a double-date.  They went to a movie, which my father slept through.  My sisters and I thanked her for agreeing to go on a second date with him.  (We owe you BIG for that, Mom!)

My breakfast buddy, Carole, is an amazingly talented woman.  Mom, Kim, Kaelen and I visited her this morning and pawed through the jewelry that she makes.  We had a blast!  (Check out Carole's CJ Collection jewelry blog, which has a link to her online shop.)

Twelve years ago today I married Lew.  Happy Anniversary, Sweetie!

No comments: