Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Dad 104: Family, Friends, and the Fourth

(Glad that Dad took his orders "to heart" as I'm finally getting this in around 9:00 p.m.  Enjoy his post!  -- Tracy)

Derf here! From the northeast corner of these United States on its birthday. Seems strange writing at 5:30 p.m. for today's blog. Normally, it is done in the a.m. Today has been a little different and I've been told to be brief. So I'll try!

Last night, son-in-law Lew's son Matt and Emily (Matt's wife) brought son Eli over to meet all the family gathered here for their summer visit. Eli was welcomed into the family by all his new relatives. The little fella was a big hit. Cousin Kelsey posted several pictures with Eli on her Facebook page. Great photos!

"Babies are just so stinking cute!" -- Kelsey

Spent today up at Little Sebago Lake at son-in-law Glen's parents' camp. Generally we spend July 4th there enjoying boating and a great lunch. Also featured are the youthful participants being towed behind Glen's boat on gigantic tubes. Can Glen dump the tubers? Most likely the answer is YES!

Spouse and I are now home (the first to leave the lake) and we await a thunderstorm capable of hail and 60 mile-per-hour winds. That's what we heard anyway. I do hear thunder and wonder what kind of a motorcycle ride Kaelen and friend Mike will have riding home from the lake. I hear they are on their way and will run into the storm about halfway home. It will be a ride never to forget. So we wait for their arrival. A day well spent by family and friends!

Now waiting for Josh's first All-Star game on Friday. I'll keep you posted.

Well, I've written enough. Will take my orders to heart and not get carried away. More next week!

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: