Saturday, July 9, 2011

A Successful Summer Saturday

Another gorgeous day in Southern Maine!

This morning we met Dick and Carole for breakfast, visited Verlie, and went grocery shopping.

I had ten coupons to use at the grocery store, and the cashier was impressed that all ten of them scanned.... Hooray for me!

When we got home, we quickly put the groceries away and changed into our beach-walking attire.

During our walk, Lew spotted two "items" in the water which we had trouble identifying.  They were pretty far offshore, so I was hoping that they weren't people.  We had just seen a Coast Guard helicopter, so we wondered if they were out looking for something. (This got me speculating that the "items" were enemy spies coming to infiltrate our coast....)

They kept coming closer to shore.

I said to Lew, "You know, they could be seagulls."

"No, they're not birds," he replied.

Approximately a billionth of a millisecond later, the two "items" spread their wings and soared into the sky.

Hooray for me!

No comments: