Friday, July 22, 2011

A Hot Summer Tale

It is currently about 97 degrees outside.

In my air-conditioned bedroom, it is closer to 70 degrees.  Ahhhhh.....

But such was not the case only a couple hours ago.  It was hot outside and inside....

We lost power today, people!  I couldn't believe it.  One minute I was sitting in my air-conditioned bedroom, working on my projects for the day -- and the next minute I was hoping that we had just blown a fuse in the house.  But, NO!  It was a widespread power outage in our area.

Dad called the power company and learned that it could be up to two hours before power was restored.

I ate an apple and a whoopie pie.  I read a few chapters in a book.  The heat was making me drowsy, so I started to fall asleep.... when I finally heard the magical sound of a fan coming on in my living room.  Hooray!

I am so, so, so very happy that the power is back on.

It could have been worse, though.  For example, Friday is my laundry day.  I got an earlier start on it than I usually do, and so by the time we lost power I only had a load in the dryer.  I was already finished using the washing machine -- I'm glad that it wasn't interrupted in the middle of a cycle.  The timing of the power outage obviously took my laundry into consideration.

The dryer just buzzed!  Gotta fold now.... and I will do that folding in my air-conditioned bedroom.

No comments: