Monday, July 25, 2011

Monday Musings

Our recent heat wave has come to an end.  We can now breathe again without having to run the A/C.  It's much more pleasant.

Our mail usually comes fairly late on Mondays -- sometimes as late as 6:00 p.m.  But today it arrived before 2:00 p.m.  I was impressed with this early delivery.  I soon figured out why it was so early, though.  Half of the large stack of mail we received wasn't for us.  It was for the house before us on the delivery route.  I guess the delivery run would indeed take much less time if you skipped every other house.  When I delivered the mail to our neighbor myself, I noticed that he even had his mailbox flag up.  The mail truck had driven right by it without even stopping.

Lew rode his motorcycle to work today and came home all excited about his new "gang." He was waiting at a stoplight when some French-Canadian tourists rode up beside him on motorcycles. They asked him about how to get to "the beach motels." Lew said, "Follow me but keep going straight after I turn into my driveway. Then turn right at the end of the road. Keep driving, and you can't miss it." And Lew was suddenly the leader of a motorcycle gang!

Kim, Joe, and Kelsey will be heading back to Illinois on Wednesday.  (Kaelen will stay in Maine to continue on in her summer career at the Clambake.)  Tonight was their final "Pie & Fry" run for the season, so Lew and I went along,  Debbie's family and Nathan went, too.  Kim was already feeling nostalgic, and she thought it would be really nice to take an empty Pier Fries box back to Illinois.  After holding fries, however, the boxes are kind of greasy.  So I boldly went up to the counter and asked for an unused, empty box.  I was successful.  Kaelen then got a clean Bill's Pizza box for her mother, too.

And while we were down in Old Orchard, Lew saw his new motorcycle gang drive by!

No comments: